Sunday, December 13, 2009

Feeling The Blah's

I am finding that is so easy to lose our focus with homeschooling. These past few weeks have been so crazy that we haven't done much "official" school work at all. If I don't make a concerted effort to stick to our schedule, then it all goes haywire. The only consolation I have is that Cameron is ahead in his reading and math, so it's really not that bad if we veer a little off course. Every so often, though, I need to re-center and get motivated again.
On a side note, Sammy is very much into doing his own "school book" as he calls it. His "school book" is actually a preschool critical thinking curriculum that I also used with Cameron 2 years ago. Cameron totally loved and now Sammy is, too. This curriculum comes with a workbook that contains matching games, mazes, patterning, letter writing and geoboard patterns along with a geoboard for copying the patterns in the book or creating your own patterns. He also has a few other workbooks that he likes to do while I am doing school work with Cameron. I think Sammy must feel like he should do school work just like Cameron. It's way too cute.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle. If this is the Michelle I'm thinking of, I think I know you from the MOMS club?? Anyhow, just wanted to drop in and say hi. We are actually going back to homeschooling as of Monday and are very much looking forward to it. Maybe we can exchange pointers along the way!

    ReplyDelete